The XS-3525/8S-4 Stepper Motor Driver Board (Ver 4.00) $175.00
The Perfect Choice For Your Sherline or Taig Four Axis CNC Retrofit
- Four axis bipolar drive
- ±2.5 Amp/Phase PWM controlled drives
- up to 35 Volt (w/BEMF)
- FULL, HALF, QUARTER, & EIGHTH step/Full Step
- Built-in DC-DC Converter for 5 Volt Logic
- Filtered and Buffered STEP & DIR Signals
- Built-in Break-out:Screw Terminals for Unused Parallel Port I/O
- Synchronous Rectification
- Internal UVLO and Thermal Shutdown circuitry
- Easy connect for most popular Step/Direction control software
- Small Size: 5.65" X 2.85"
- Use with Mach2 (WinXP or Win2K) or TurboCNC (DOS)
This is a Four axis micro-stepping bi-polar PWM current regulated stepper motor driver. It can be configured to deliver up to ±2.5 Amps/phase up to a maximum of 35 Volts (including BEMF)
Each axis is independently jumper selectable to operate in either FULL, HALF, QUARTER or EIGHTH step modes. For a typical 1.8° (200 spr) stepper motor, this means up to 1,600 steps per revolution (16,000 steps per inch if driving a 10 tpi lead screw). The drive is shipped in 1/8th step mode. Additional jumpers required if lower resolution wanted. Use this board for a 4 axis system, or a 3 axis system where you may want to add a fourth later (it is OK to just have three motors hooked up).
Each axis has a potentiometer to allow maximum motor current drive adjustment.
The on-board IDC header accepts standard 26 pin IDC connectors for easy connection to IDC DB25 male connectors which can be directly connected to a PC's parallel port to drive the boards STEP and DIRECTION input signals. Other unused parallel port pin signals are routed to screw terminals for possible off-board use. (DB25 pin use -- (2) Step X (3) Dir X (4) Step Y (5) Dir Y (6) Step Z (7) Dir Z, (8) Step A, (9) Dir A (18-25) GND)
Each axis has an ENA# pin to allow enabling/disabling of the motor current-drivers.
PLEASE NOTE: Althought the driver board does provide unmodified/unbuffered access to the unused parallel I/O through screw terminals, the board plays no other role in handling of home/limit switches, E-STOP, or Spindle/Coolant relay control, etc. If you want a break-out board, look here:breakout boards under hardware
Please Read the DATASHEET for more information!:http://www.xylotex.com/XS3525V400.pdf
These drive boards are Fully Assembled and Tested.
If you have more questions regarding using the board with your application: Contact Xylotex
Before using the device, the potentiometers must be set for proper current output, which requires the use of your voltage/multimeter! When running at High Current (generally 2.0A/phase or above), convective cooling (fan) required.
You get: XS-3525/8S-4 & theIDC26-DB25 cable(IDC26-DB25 Cable is NOT a Parallel port Extension cable, it connects the board to one though)
Shipping is $7.00 single board only to Continetal US via USPS Priority Mail (2-3 Day Service) (each additional board $2.00)
How To Buy The Board(by itself)
Paypal Ordering is for USA Orders Only
- Paypal Ordering (4 Axis Drive no accessories)
- Paypal Ordering(4 Axis Drive with Four 269 oz.in. DS/DS Stepper Motors)
- Paypal Ordering(4 Axis Drive with 24VDC Power Supply and Fan)
- Paypal Ordering(4 Axis Drive with Four 269 oz.in. DS/DS Stepper Motors and 24VDC Power Supply and Fan)
The stepper motor drive is also sometimes known as a stepper motor controller. Drive is more appropriate, as a PC is generally used to control the board.